Parental plan guide- Separated Parent mediation
Do you want to plan how to raise your child with your ex-partner? Then, creating a written parenting plan will help you in clarifying your roles and expectations in order to avoid fights and arguments with your partner. There are a few tips that will help you in planning ahead so that no essential things are left behind in your parenting plan. Separated parent mediation, thus becomes necessary, and you must consider the facts before going for it.
If we have to define a parenting plan, then it is a kind of a formal plan, which is a written document that contains all the outlines and the agreements that you have made with your ex-partner including the guidelines to raise your children. It is not necessary that a parenting plan is a legal document, the parents will require to file a parenting plan with the court. The parenting plan is a part of the child custody agreement. The benefit of the parenting plan is that it will force you to consider all the different scenarios that you might face and you will mention the best possible solution for them.
Here are a few must-haves for your parenting plan:
It is necessary to outline the agreed-upon living arrangements and even your commitments regarding your visitations on holidays and on vacations. Just take care of a few things:
* A very basic residential schedule
* A visitation schedule
* A parenting time schedule for the holidays
* A parenting time schedule for the birthdays
* All the transportation arrangements which will include even the backup plans.
* Requirements for car seat, especially when you are living in different states where child laws are varying.
* If necessary the custody exchange arrangements and neutral drop-off is also mentioned.
* Schedule for vacations are also mentioned
* Backup child care arrangements
* How should any changes in the schedule must be proposed and negotiated in order to minimize the
* Whether or not the other parent should be called if it’s about having a baby sitter for the children.
* How to handle the relocation requests and how much notice period must be given and how to
Now, you know what all you should include in your parenting plan, you can even add some additions points too, about which you are considered. It is better to go for Separated parent mediation, as it will help you resolve the issues and doesn’t let your separation affect your parenthood.